I am joining the very talented Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday. Be sure to stop over and enjoy all of the wonderful tablescapes.
Our church held a Chiavetta's Chicken BBQ last Sunday, so I convinced the neighbors to support the effort and invited them to eat at our place. I decided to set a cheery table (one of these days I will take pictures of the food too.) I served the hot chicken halves in the pretty green baking dish.
I pulled out some new red placemats, my everyday flatware (Gorham Studio), the plain old white Corelle that I've had for years, green salad plates from a sale at Pottery Barn years ago, new goblets from Christmas Tree Shop, and two different cotton napkins. (folding tutorial to follow)
I'm keeping this very simple and easy.....just like the dinner itself.
This sweet little radish dish was a gift from my daughter several years ago, and I filled it with Feta Cheese, Crumbly Blue Cheese and toasted almonds to serve with a fresh tossed salad.
The view from my kitchen..
Napkin Folding Tutorial
1. Start with one large square napkin, place hem side (wrong side) up.
2. Lay second napkin on top (hem side up) matching the upper side and right side with the first napkin. They do not have to be the exact same size.
3. Fold the top napkin to the right hem.
4. Fold the bottom napkin over so edges meet.
5. Fold the napkins in half again, bringing bottom hems up to meet top hems.
6. Fold top napkin edge under.
7. Fold second napkin corner under.
8. Fold third napkin quarter toward you and tuck under.
9. Fold 4th napkin quarter under in the same direction.
10. Turn entire napkin over.
11. Bring right edges back to center.
12. Bring left edge over and tuck under the right edge.
13. Smooth out and flip over.
The sunset was beautiful over the lake, but we were too busy eating and chatting to take pictures.