If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors
to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with success unexpected in common hours.

~ Henry David Thoreau





Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Coming to the Lake

The Grandkids are coming!!!  Four of our Six will be here next weekend and I couldn't be happier.  It's beginning to warm up a bit here on the Lake, which happens to resemble the ocean today!


I stopped by the Christmas Tree Shop yesterday and came home with these.
I thought the kids would really enjoy having lunch on them, and if it is warm enough, they may even carry their platter/trays out onto the deck.


Aren't they just the cutest ?


The colors alone make me happy.


The oval placemats came in a set of 4.


Which are perfect for the oval platters.



There were actual trays with handles, which I really wanted, but there were only two, so I opted for the platters which I thought would work fine for carrying the small plate.


The paper napkins sold at Christmas Tree Shop are the best!


A cute matching glass.


and room enough to carry a fork and spoon.


These little cabana tea lights are just the sweetest things....love the bright colors.

I think ITLLDO for our first picnic of the season!

Now be sure to stop over at Between Naps on the Porch for some great adventures in tablescaping.  Thank you Susan for hosting this event each week.

16 comments:

vignette design said...

What a great grandma you are. These trays/plates couldn't be more perfect for the grand kids. You are creating special memories.

Kathleen said...

We have to stop shopping at the same place! I bought the candle holders too, and the ceramic flip flop holders..did you see them?
It looks great, I am sure they will love it..and it won't break!
Have fun this weekend. We drove 2 hours yesterday in the rain to go to gparents day for our 2 middle grandsons, K and pre K..Very cute!

Lynn said...

That set looks like it belongs there, fun!

Erin said...

I love this set! Love your flatware, too! Hope the grands enjoy it!

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Hi, what a fun. That dishes and beackers looks so much like holidays on the beach.
Gretings, Johanna

Lori Lucas said...

What a great idea you had. And it will be so special for the kids. They will love it. It looks wonderful. Lori L.

The Hindy Four said...

Dear Bebe,

I like the plates and napkins and candleholder. I can't wait to see how warm the water is. I can't believe I am almost 8 years old. I can't wait to come to the lake!

Love,
Luke
(Your 2nd oldest grandson)

Ms. Bake-it said...

I love them! What a great setting they make. I will have to see if I can find a set! Your grandkids are going to love eating at your house on those plates!

~ Tracy

Tricia said...

Oh, I know your grandchildren will be thrilled with their special dishes! I love those bright colors for the warmer weather. I am so sad that we don't have Christmas Tree Shops in my area -- what wonderful things they carry!

Marigene said...

Your grands are going to love these dishes, just adorable.

Unknown said...

The colours and table pieces are so fun and lively. Wishing you a wonderful time with your grandchildren.

Miss Merry said...

Very cute - I love the cups! I am sure your grandkids will love them, but they would be great for adults, too. How perfect for your home.

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Cynthia...this is soooo cute! I just love the design...I'd be using these everyday all summer long! :-) What a view you have!!!

Kelee said...

Hi Cynthia!

What an adorable set! You are right--the colors alone are super! The kids should be thrilled--what fun!

I just love it looking out to the water...you are so lucky!

Thanks for stopping by!

love, kelee @ www.katillacshack.com

Andrea said...

hello, i am new here just followed your comment somewhere. You have a great place there, wonderful for vacation, so you must be always like on vacation. I am sure your siblings and grandchildren will be very happy and the bonding time will be great too. Very precious grandma, they will surely want to come back and stay longer. thank you

Rettabug said...

What a FUN table for the g'kidlets, Cynthia! Their eyes are going to pop when they first see it. TOO cute! I hope you have some warm weather. We've got frost warning for tonight here in OH so I just dragged all my plants into the garage. *sigh*