If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors
to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with success unexpected in common hours.

~ Henry David Thoreau





Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The other side of the table

Welcome to my second entry in  Tablescape Thursday, hosted by Susan at Between Naps on the Porch.

Last week, I tried my hand at a tablescape using items I had purchased recently from Kohl's and Marshall's.  ( If you missed last week's post, click here to view.)  If you will notice, there are still a few items over on the left side of the table that I did not use:  red checked napkins and solid red placemats.  Since I am away from the icy lake that you see through my windows, I have no fresh flowers for that lovely red glass vase, and I must work with the pictures I already have uploaded on my laptop.  So, here goes with another option.


Off to the pantry again for the off-white plate (Lenox~Butler's Pantry), of which I only have one.  It is large enough to serve as a charger for my lunch setting, so I will just set that on the new solid red placemat.  Add the checked napkin, that goes so well with the pillows on my chairs and loveseat.  I bought the placemats and napkins as a set of 4 for $7.99 at Marshall's.  They are all cotton and I'm really pleased with the fabric, so I purchased 2 sets.  How can you go wrong at $1 per piece?



A green glass salad plate purchased years ago from Pottery Barn.




And the beautiful bowl that matches the mug (222 5th ~ Belize)from Marshall's @ $3.99 each.


I wonder if one of my red goblets (Pottery Barn, several years ago) would look better than the green one from The Christmas Tree Shoppe?



I think I prefer the green one ~ How about you?





OK, Back to my rocking chair to wait for spring and plan my menu.
Thanks for visiting.  I love reading your comments.

8 comments:

Phyllis @Around the House said...

I love the beautiful fresh table, love lthe napkins and I love the glasses....Phyllis

Ann said...

First, what a lovely rocking chair to rock away until spring arrives in your neck of the woods. I really love your table setting...seems as if we had similar thoughts. Such a small world. Check out mine!! I like the green glass, too. Thanks for sharing

Anita Diaz said...

Oh my goodness!! I'm SO glad you came over to see me! I just got some of these very same dishes for my mom because she LOVES them! Then she went back and got all they had at Marshalls because she saw what they were selling for on ebay!! I have been really excited to "borrow" them from her to do a table. What a beautiful job you did! I love all the combinations too:-)

Cynthia@ITLLDO said...

I saw the same dishes yesterday at Home Goods and there were some other pieces. A gorgeous, large bowl, which I really had to resist purchasing.
Thanks for visiting my new blog!

Marigene said...

Love your table...I almost bought those same bowls but couldn't figure out where I would store them so I left them for another day!

The Charm of Home said...

I like the green too. Your table is very pretty. Love the colors. I especially love the sun porch you were on it is awesome.
Win Rachael Ray bake ware at my blog.
Thanks!
Sherry

Sharlotte said...

Hi Cynthia,
I LOVE the red and white...it's so crisp and clean. Your rocker is so inviting and your table itself looks like it's on your porch? Again I just love your color combination. Your tablesetting is great...I like the red but I think I like the green goblet better too! Perhaps the red would work for Februrary...hm...or Christmas...you've got a lot of possibilities. Thanks so much for sharing!
Sharlotte

Beth said...

Love your table! That is really beautiful! I personally choose the red goblet but either one is pretty.