If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors
to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with success unexpected in common hours.

~ Henry David Thoreau





Thursday, March 11, 2010

My First Official Tablescape

I am very excited to be participating in my first Tablescape Thursday, hosted by Susan at
  Between Naps on the Porch.  

In preparation for this day, I went on a little shopping trip which went like this ~


First stop ~ Kohl's:  buy1, get 1 free.  I love those sales, but not all of the items I wanted were included, so I bought a few pieces for a future tablescape, and I will check back for a better bargain.


Just enough time to hit Marshall's before getting my grandchildren off the bus.  Wow, some really neat stuff there, and they were a marriage, not only with my new purchases from Kohl's, but the decor I already have in my sunroom.


I just couldn't wait to get home and unpack all of those bags!





First, the Kohl's bags....  As you can see, these purchases don't exactly fit together......


But look how well the placemats go with the cushions and pillows I covered last year for my sunroom.
             


and the geraniums.....




Wait until you see what I found at Marshall's!
       
I couldn't resist that sunflower pitcher I found on the clearance shelf for $7.50.  I will just tuck that away for a future tablescape.... And, as for the beachy stuff,  a plan is already forming in my mind for a summer tablescape.




I think I am ready for my first Tablescape......


 
A trip to my pantry produces a charger, purchased several years ago at a Pottery Barn "after-Christmas sale", and a new stemmed water goblet from a recent shopping trip at The Christmas Tree Shoppe.  My every day stainless flatware is Gorham "Studio".






A red cotton napkin and a new mug from Marshall's ($3.99)

The wonderful plate, also, from Marshall's at an incredible price of $4.99


And now the matching bowl...another steal at $3.99. All of the porcelain is from
 222 Fifth ~ Belize
          
      
My geraniums are blooming as though spring has arrived on Lake Ontario.  I just love how the colors brighten my room.  Perhaps the snow will be gone by May.  So, I'll just sit here in my rocking chair and start planning my menu!

I think ITLLDO for a lovely spring lunch!



Thanks for stopping by.



5 comments:

Susan said...

I love all your new purchases and can't wait to see how you use them! Congrats on the finds! I also love your sun porch and the beautiful red geraniums. Your tablescape is lovely with the red and white background of the room. I look forward to seeing more of your tablescapes in the future.

Bill said...

I think ITTLDO very nicely! You've put together a charming table setting that's cheerful, sophisticated, and seems perfectly in keeping with every single element in your airy, light-filled room! Congratulations on a successful Tablescape Thursday debut!

Keep in mind that the TT link goes up on Wednesday evening. Next time you participate, you might want to try to link sooner. I think the first blogs linked tend to attract more readers.

Thanks for sharing your great bargains (and where you found them). Again, congratulations and welcome!

Regards,
Bill

Pear tree cottage! said...

O! it looks like a winning combination to me..........your home is stunning and I too look forward to many more blog settings from you.

It has been wonderful visiting you from here in Australia.

Lee-ann

Gloria said...

Oh my goodness! LOVE your porch and the wicker and the red pillows, the red little table, EVERYTHING. You did an incredible job. Thanks for sharing.
Best regards,
Gloria

Char said...

Cindy, I love your blog. You have made some savy purchases. How will you fly those home? Bye for now, Carole - snowfeather -By Lake Ontario snow fly's, or birds fly.