If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors
to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with success unexpected in common hours.

~ Henry David Thoreau





Tuesday, June 1, 2010

My Dish Room


I had taken over a bedroom in our tiny cottage when we moved to the lake and converted it to a pantry.  It was serving me quite well until I found these delightful tablescaping blogs....now it over-floweth.

This is my kitchen storage


See that doorway just behind the cabinets?  Welcome to my pantry.



Behind the door ~
My shelving is made by Plano which I purchased at Walmart.  It comes 4 shelves to a package and I cut the tubular legs on my mitre saw to the size I need.  I've reconfigured this little 8 X 10 room often.  I'm not sure it can handle much more, but it is great to be able to close the door on it.






back to the kitchen ~ a spot above the refridgerator for pitchers.



Now, these areas held all my dishes BEFORE I discovered tablescaping.  My new purchases found a spot on the floor.

another unit to the rescue ~ this one on wheels.


This has got to stop!!!



But how does one resist when the colors are so perfect?


I think ITLLDO needs an addition!!

Thanks for stopping by and a huge thank you to The Tablescaper for hosting this fun blog....You have gotten me in soooo much trouble ~ but how fun it is!

23 comments:

Rettabug said...

Ooooooo, this is WONDERFUL!!!
Such great organization & everything is within reach but out of site. What GREAT storage spaces you've created. I'm jealous. I want a roll around cart, too. LOL

Rettabug said...

p.s. I have the same buttery yellow little casserole dishes!! Aren't they fun?

Lori @ Dining Delight said...

Your dish room is wonderful and I'm sure you can fit a few more of those rolling carts in there! YES, tell me how can we resist when they keep coming up with more and more fantastic dishes, each more perfect than the last? LOL! Love those ones you've shown!

DD

ellen b. said...

Oh girl! I love that dish pantry. I'm getting so many great ideas from all these posts! You have a beautiful kitchen and beautiful dishes!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, you're so good! I love seeing your storage! Your pantry is to die for!! Love all your beautiful dishes!
Be a sweetie,
shelia ;)

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I am getting so jealous. I just have one closet that I hide everything. I try to keep it organized...but!!! Your Pantry area is fantastic!

GardenOfDaisies said...

Your pantry for dishes is so organized!!!

The Tablescaper said...

Thanks so much for coming and joining the party. You are sooo lucky to have that pantry off your kitchen to store your treasures! But no need to worry, there's clearly more room there. And those kitchen cabinets look amazing.

It's been so much fun finding where we do keep it all!

- The Tablescaper

xinex said...

Oh wow! I love your storage, so easy to spot everything. We sure have a disease, don't we? And we don't stop buying either, it's never enough! LOL!....Christine

Sevenbeads said...

Wonderful storage! I really love how you cut the shelf sizes to fit. Very custom! Thanks for having us in.

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

wow! you are so organised! and your collection are lovely!.. dishesholic like us, welp, don't we all just love our dishes.. thanks for sharing..

Carol at Serendipity said...

Just wonderful. I love my closet but I would really love a little pantry room!

Carol

Sally said...

Cynthia,

WOW, a Dish Room! You are so organized!

Thanks for letting me peek and dream.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

WOW! You have quiet a collection and it is neat and organized. And to think - I am cleaning my cabinets out and getting rid of things.:)

Diann said...

Wonderful organization! everything looks great. All so nice and tidy! Very pretty dishes and other items!!

Fifi Flowers said...

WOW... a dish room!

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Resistance is futile! :-) I love this dishroom tour...Cynthia, you have some wonderful things! I loved the view of your kitchen, too! Beautiful cabinets!

Jen C. said...

Wow! The beauty of organization! It is amazing what these fun blogs can do to us! :-) Can I inquire as to the stability of the Plano shelving? Are you satisfied with the quality? I have not heard of it before... thanks!

Denise Marie said...

wow, what a wonderful kitchen and pantry heaven for your dishes. You sure organized your space to a tee. What is a dish hound to do??

Kathleen said...

I don't know how I missed this, as I did this event too.
I love your shelving. Everything so close and neat. And I love your stock too! :)
I keep bringing bags of food down to church to make more room in the pantry for my dishes. I know you love CTS too!

Express said...

It looks beautiful and has marvelous finishing. Thanks for your blog.
patio doors

photographe mariage paris said...

Fantastic and nice collection,too good racks to keep things, Thanks.
photos mariages originales

mamaroses said...

Wow !! I looove the way your pantry looks. It is so clean, everything is in sight (almost) and yet it is so well stocked.

After coming across your and 'where do you keep it all'...plus a few more blogs earlier, I am not too sure if the virtual world will come to my rescue should my indulgences get out of hand :)!!

Kudos to keeping your collection so well.